Now that most of the Victorian COVID restrictions have been lifted our Trip Leaders, Trainers and Event organiser's have been extremely busy. I am sure that you will have seen that from a cold start the team has arranged 5 trips, a training session and a two day volunteer event in November. And the December calendar is filling fast. As you would be aware there is a significant amount of work in arranging these events and I would like to thank everyone involved for their herculean efforts.
We have received a few questions around the COVID protocols that MJOC have implemented. To clarify the situation MJOC has a registered ABN, and therefore we must comply with the rules for business. This includes the use of a QR code check-in system or the maintenance of an accurate registration system. It also means that everyone attending an MJOC event who is over the age of 12 years and two months must be either fully vaccinated or have a medical exemption. "If members choose to get together and socialise, but the event is not registered with the Club, then it is considered a private gathering and different rules apply."
Listed below are some important points to note:
- Christmas Get Together - The MJOC Christmas party will be held in the astronomy centre at Briars in Mount Martha on Sunday 19th December. Santa will be making a special appearance and will be bringing gifts for children 12 years and younger. A roast lunch will be provided and there will be a very special cake for dessert. This is going to be a great opportunity for everyone to catch up together after almost two years in lock down. Please jump onto the website and book so that we can ensure catering. The more the merrier;
- Narbeview Wildlife Shelter- A working bee at Narbeview Wildlife Shelter has been arranged for the 27th and 28th November. We would like to complete the building of a new wombat enclosure, clear an access path and prepare some release sites and help with the general day to day activities. These are always rewarding activities and are greatly appreciated. We need all the help we can get so if you have some time to spare please register for this working bee;
- Jeep Jamboree- Hopefully you will have seen the note we sent out on 8th November regarding the 2022 Jeep Jamboree. In summary we have decided to postpone the Jamboree and run an internal club Muster over Easter 2022. The Jambo Subcommittee has already commenced preparations for this and we will use it as a learning curve for how to run a successful Jamboree. Please lock this date into your diary and we will send out further information in the future;
- ARMA Fleet Discount - ARMA, who we are affiliated with, have negotiated a national fleet discount for all its members. If you are interested we have posted an article on our home page with the information;
- Public Relations Role- Unfortunately, due to health reasons, Doug Tozer has had to resign from his Committee Position. If you are interested in filling this role please give me a call on 0422 007 785. We wish Doug a a swift recovery and thank him for his efforts whilst on the Committee.
The next members meeting will be at 7:30pm on Tuesday 30th November. This will be held at the Electra Avenue Hall in Ashwood and also via Zoom. The Zoom invitation will be sent out closer to the event. The meeting will include trip reports from the events held this month and a description of upcoming events. With the easing of COVID restrictions we are now permitted to return to our old format with up to 100 people in the hall and with pizza and soft drinks available from 7:00pm. If you are able to come and join us it would be great to see you again.
I hope to see you at some of the upcoming events.